- Contribute Content
Special Interest Group on Economic and Public Policy
The WFRN Special Interest Group on Economic and Public Policy is a group of scholars working on issues related to work and family, with a focus on economic and public policy (including legal developments, such as pending legislation, new laws, major court decisions).
- Inform its members on developments in the academic literature on how economic and public policies affect aspects of work and family.
- Collaborate to deliver academic output on how economic and public policies affect aspects of work and family.
Activities to Achieve Objectives
- Listserve mailing list in which members can share their recent work. The listserve is open to WFRN members only, and serves as a membership register for the GEPP.
- The listserve will also be used to communicate about organizing the groups’ activities and to initiate collaborations, based on the distribution of RFP’s and CFP’s.
- Membership page on WFRN website, linking to individual members’ online profiles.
- Organize symposi /panels at conferences such as the WFRN, or the international Community, Work and Family.
- Plan joint projects, such as proposals for grants or seminar series.
- Initiate joint academic output, such as a special journal issue or an edited book volume.
- The GEPP will be coordinated by a chair, chair-elect, and a secretary/webmaster. They will welcome and invite members to organize specific activities, such as those listed above.
- Initially, the GEPP leadership is formed by Dr. Heejung Chung and Dr. Rense Nieuwenhuis. At the 2016 WFRN conference, they will organize a meeting where members of this Special Interest Group will elect leadership for 2 years.