- Contribute Content
The WFRN is organized by a structure of committees and subcommittees governed by elected office holders. Members have the opportunity to fill leadership roles as elected officers or committee members and vote for their peers.
Elections for officers are held every two years, and two members of the Executive Committee rotate off the committee and are replaced each year. In the most recent election held from February 17 - March 4, 2016, 2 new Executive Committee members were elected. Elections for President, Vice-President and 2 new Executive Committee members were held from January 16 - February 2, 2015. Elections are conducted by secret ballot, and the winners are those who receive a plurality of the legal votes cast as specified in the By-Laws.
New Executive Committee Members 2016
- Erin Kelly, Professor in Work and Organization Studies, MIT Sloan School of Management (3 year term)
- Tanja van der Lippe, Professor of Sociology of Households and Employment Relations, Department of Sociology and Research School (ICS), Utrecht University (3 year term)
Thank you to Michelle Budig and Susan Lambert for serving on the Executive Committee from 2013-2015.
Officers of the WFRN 2015-2016
- Phyllis Moen: President (3 year term). The first 2 years as President, the 3rd year as Past-President.
- Ellen Ernst Kossek: Immediate Past-President; served as President 2013-2014.
- Suzan Lewis: Vice President (2 year term)
- Jennifer E. Swanberg: Secretary-Treasurer (2 year term)
- Jerry A. Jacobs: Executive Officer (term determined by Executive Committee)
More about WFRN Officers is here.
New Executive Committee Members 2015
- Wendy Casper, Professor of Organizational Behavior, University of Texas at Arlington (3 year term)
- Shelley MacDermid Wadsworth, Professor, Department of Human Development & Family Studies, Purdue University (3 year term)
Thank you to Kathleen Gerson and Heidi Hartmann for serving on the Executive Committee from 2012-2014.
New Executive Committee Members 2014
- Phyllis Moen, Professor of Sociology, University of Minnesota. NOTE: E. Jeffrey Hill, Associate Professor of Family Life, Brigham Young University, was appointed to serve Phyllis Moen's term on the Executive Committee upon her election to President in 2015 (3 year term)
- Stephen Sweet, Professor of Sociology, Ithaca College (3 year term)
Thank you to Lotte Bailyn and Monique Valcour for serving on the Executive Committee from 2011-2013.