Dependent Care Tax Assistance


Compiled by Jessica Jackson-Yoo, LICSW

Topic Page Advisor:
Edward Taylor CPA

There are several federal tax breaks in the federal income tax code that aim to help families with their child and dependent care expenses. Some of these programs include: the Dependent Care Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the Dependent Care Assistance Program. Eligibility as well as the amount of tax assistance varies for each of these programs.

Updated: July 2009