- Contribute Content
The WFRN is organized by a structure of committees and subcommittees governed by elected office holders. Members have the opportunity to fill leadership roles as elected officers or committee members and vote for their peers.
Elections for President, Vice-President and 2 new Executive Committee members were held from January 16-February 2, 2015.
Elections for 2 new Executive Committee members were held from January 21-February 3, 2014.
Elections for WFRN officers and 2 new members of the Executive Committee were held from January 8-20, 2013. The President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, and 2 new members of the Executive Committee were elected by secret ballot by a plurality of the legal votes cast as specified in the Bylaws. New officers of the WFRN assumed their duties as of January 2013 and will carry out the duties detailed in the Bylaws.
Officers of the WFRN 2015
- Phyllis Moen: President (3 year term). The first 2 years as President, the 3rd year as Past-President.
- Ellen Ernst Kossek: Immediate Past-President; served as President 2013-2014.
- Suzan Lewis: Vice President (2 year term)
- Jennifer E. Swanberg: Secretary-Treasurer (2 year term)
- Jerry A. Jacobs: Executive Officer (term determined by Executive Committee)
More about WFRN Officers is here.
New Executive Committee Members 2015
- Wendy Casper, Professor of Organizational Behavior, University of Texas at Arlington (3 year term)
- Shelley MacDermid Wadsworth, Professor, Department of Human Development & Family Studies, Purdue University (3 year term)
Thank you to Kathleen Gerson and Heidi Hartmann for serving on the Executive Committee from 2012-2014.
New Executive Committee Members 2014
- Phyllis Moen, Professor of Sociology, University of Minnesota (3 year term)
- Stephen Sweet, Professor of Sociology, Ithaca College (3 year term)
Thank you to Lotte Bailyn and Monique Valcour for serving on the Executive Committee from 2011-2013.
New Executive Committee Members 2013
- Michelle J. Budig, Professor of Sociology, U-Mass Amherst (3 year term)
- Susan J. Lambert, Professor, School of Social Service Administration, University of Chicago (3 year term)
All Executive Committee members are listed here.
Nominating Committee for 2015 Elections
- Jeffrey Hill, Brigham Young University, Chair
- Naomi Gerstel, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Jeffrey Greenhaus, Drexel University
- Gail Kinman, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Susan McHale, Pennsylvania State University